January 7, 2010

momiji couture contest

I entered Momiji Couture Contest while ago. Momiji's are little dolls that comes with messages from the bottom of the doll. The selected top 20 will display their Momiji at Royal/T gallery in Los Angeles. I came in 6th! =)
So anyone in Los Angeles, please check out the display! It'll be there until Jan 18 2010.

The contest was to create your own Momiji using craft materials. The entry form comes with template to work with where you use 2 cut outs of Momiji doll silhouette and sew them together.
But I used 3D program(3DS MAX) to model Momiji doll and made my own pattern from UV Unwrap to make into 3D form Momiji.

I always wondered if I can use 3D program to model top or a dress and create my own pattern with it. Technically it should work right?

So this is my first try.

more photos click here!


momiji : AI
momiji : AI

5 comments:

  1. OMG yukiko!!!!!! that is amazing!!!!!! I am so glad you entered! This is the first time I saw it! Yours looks sooo adorable! I love the little heart at the front! it has its own pocket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I love her rosy cheeks! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute i like so much XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, that's a solution only a 3d artist could come up with. = p

    ReplyDelete