February 25, 2018

OHHIO Blanket

Few years ago, I was looking into chunky yarn knitting.
I've always wanted a blanket made from yarn for my bed.

The challenge I wanted to do was arm knitting. I found few cute chunky yarn on Etsy, then I came across Ohhio from Kickstarter.

This was exactly the type of yarn I was looking for. The outside has seamless cotton shell and the inside has microfiber cotton filler.

OHHIO blanket

OHHIO blanket



From Kickstarter, I got their large braid throw. It fits my Queen size bed. You have choice of Light Grey, Pink, Dark Grey, and Blue, I went for Light Grey.

OHHIO blanket

OHHIO blanket

OHHIO blanket



Large braid throw comes in 3 spools of chunky yarn. And pretty heavy too!
I must say, arm knitting was workout on my upper arms.

Keeping my arm up was quite tiring!

OHHIO blanket


Materials:
- 3 OHHIO Braid Ball (80m)
- Needle and thread(comes with OHHIO braid ball). Click here to how to connect 2 Braid Ball together.

Size: Queen size bed, 60''x80''/152x200cm

Cast 21.
Row 1: Knit stitch across.
Row 2: Purl stitch across.
Row 3-33: repeat row 1 and 2.

You can view more on their youtube video on how to cast, knit, and close.

OHHIO blanket

OHHIO blanket

OHHIO blanket

OHHIO blanket

OHHIO blanket

OHHIO blanket

OHHIO blanket

OHHIO blanket


One of the good thing about this project was, it will only take one sitting to complete it if you know how to knit.
It was SO fun, it does make me want to buy more to make other cool things!

OHHIO blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment